Ways you can support the Coalition…
· Sign up to receive our monthly e-newsletter, which provides information on local substance abuse
issues, practical suggestions for preventing substance abuse, and event announcements of what's
happening in our community.
· Share what you learn from the newsletter with family, friends, and colleagues, and encourage them to
join our mailing list too.
· Read and share our blog.
· Share what you know about the dangers of substance abuse; then share what the Coalition and others
in our community are doing to help.
· Participate in Coalition surveys and evaluation efforts and encourage others to do so. This type of data
gives us insight into the issues that need attention in our community.
· Write letters to the editor about substance abuse related news.
· Talk to elected officials about what you know is happening in our community. (Don't forget to mention
the positive things too!)
· Let us know about healthy, family friendly, and prevention/education-related events that are going on in
the community. We'd love to help spread the word!
· Share what you know about the Coalition with the community groups that you're involved in. We're
always happy to share what we know with neighborhood associations, parent/teacher groups, schools,
businesses, and anyone else!
· Volunteer to staff booths at various community events, such as the 4-H fair and local health fairs.
· Remonstrate at alcohol license hearings.
· Attend monthly Coalition meetings on the first Wednesday of each month at 4 p.m., and bring a friend
with you. (You'll find us in the first floor conference room at 100 Saw Mill Road in Lafayette.)
· Set a good example in your daily life and relationships
· Teach youth to respect themselves, property and others
· Offer transportation to youth attending positive events
· Share your stories, trials and triumphs with the public
· Attend events to increase awareness of substance abuse and the issues today’s youth face